Jobs at Thomson Reuters - Apply Online Now
Company Name : Thomson Reuters
Job Title : Back End Software Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Experience : 3+ yrs. experience with NET Core (preferably in Linux)
Education : Minimum bachelor’s degree in computer science and engineering or related field of study, or equivalent experience
Job Description :
- Writes new software, makes modifications to existing software, or integrates software applications and modules in accordance with agreed upon specifications, created in partnership with others
- Creates and executes unit testing and integration testing ensuring software meets requirements.
- Contributes to the creation of design. May lead the design of less complex components.
- May provide technical support to operations or other development teams.
- Creates, reviews, and maintains all required technical documentation/ manual related to assigned software to ensure supportability and reuse.
- Reviews work of peers and more junior developers.
- Provides wider feedback into performance
- Assists in identification and implementation of short-term and long-term solution options, including risk assessments.
- Assists with improvements to prevent problems, including problem resolution workflow.
- Participates in remediation solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Own large and complex technical projects that interact with several other systems
- Participate and contribute to requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable, and testable code using modern programming languages to support application frontends
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Help recruit, hire, and mentor your peers and other engineers as we grow
- You are curious, want to know how things work, and learn new skills
- AWS knowledge (SNS/SQS, ECR/ECS, EC2, S3 minimum demonstrable programmer knowledge especially in .NET and/or Python)
- Docker containerization/microservice architecture in cloud environments
- Experience with websockets, REST
- Agile development and delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability and passion to learn modern technologies quickly
- Team player and self-starter
- Experience with CI/CD, especially github actions and/or gitlab runners
- Experience with Selenium
- Knowledge of Networking Concepts and Protocols
About Us :
The Reuters Technology team supports Reuters’ staff and products throughout the News production lifecycle – from discovery of newsworthy events, to researching the story, through publication and delivery of content to our customers. We are working to improve Reuters news production, automation, and content delivery and we are seeking an experienced and motivated engineers to help build and evolve our technology platforms. Do you want to learn what drives news, and learn about the depth and breadth of Thomson Reuters' content? Come join us!